EnviroKlenz® Mobile Air System
What Makes the EnviroKlenz® Mobile Air System Different?
Removal of hazardous pollutants from the air is an important application area with significant impact on human health and quality of life. Portable home air filters, personal protection respirators, and large scale filtration systems installed in buildings are examples of air filtration products widely used to improve air quality and prevent exposure to harmful chemicals. Air filters removing chemical pollutants, gasses, or vapors, are frequently used in the home where individuals are sensitive to chemicals or other environmental factors or pollutants may be present.
The majority of air systems only focus on particle filtration. These devices may use a combination of traditional MERV rated filters and HEPA filtration. In the image below, HEPA filtration does a good job of removing particulates, but it does not address chemical pollutants and odors.
To combat this drawback, some devices add in solid sorbents, such as carbon, which try to capture air pollutants by means of physical adsorption. Such filters have only limited removal capacities and often no destructive capabilities resulting in the chemical contaminates being released back into the environment which is a major drawback of traditional sorbent-based filtration systems.
EnviroKlenz® products have proven to be highly efficient “destructive adsorbents” for chemicals making them not only competitively advantageous, but very attractive in multiple chemical sensitive situations. When the EnviroKlenz materials come into contact with harmful odor-causing chemicals, the metal oxides’ active sites first capture the chemical then initiate the neutralization process. This type of action is needed for the numerous types of odorous chemicals that possess a variety of different functional groups. The increased surface area, unique physical morphology, high chemical reactivity, and functional porosity, all contribute to the enhanced chemical adsorption and odor neutralizing characteristics.
- EnviroKlenz materials are highly effective against many common chemical irritants, pollutants, and odors.
- EnviroKlenz technology can offer dramatically increased chemical neutralization capability and broader efficacy towards a variety of chemical classes.
- EnviroKlenz technology can be deployed into existing air handling systems or stand-alone mobile air systems.
- EnviroKlenz technology retains the adsorbed chemicals and/or fragrances.
- EnviroKlenz technology provides superior performance when compared to commercially available