What You Can Do To Remove Chemical Odors from New Clothing
We are all now well aware and educated on some of the toxins in pesticides that make their way into our food, but another concern that has been garnering some attention is the chemical odors in new clothing. Those who are chemically sensitive or fragrance-sensitive must be mindful of where they shop for new clothing and also understand what is the safest and most effective way to remove chemical smells from their clothing and linens.
What Chemical Odors Can Be found on New Clothing
Although, the amount of the chemical odors that are found on new clothing vary by manufacturer and their manufacturing processes. Here are some of the more commonly know chemicals know and found in your clothing and linens.
- Chromium VI which is used on leather and new wool and can cause or exacerbate contact dermatitis
- DMF which is used to prevent mold and moisture in leather goods and may cause extensive, pronounced eczema that is difficult to treat
- phthalates which are used in PVC for shoes and rainwear and suspected of being carcinogenic and may disturb the hormone system
- alkphenols which are used for textile and leather production and are strong disruptors of the human endocrine system and environmentally toxic
- dispersion dyes which can cause allergy and rashes.
Other chemicals odors of concern include:
- azo dyes, often used in the coloring process for textiles and leather products. Recently it has been recognised that some azo colouring agents may form amines (breakdown products) that may have carcinogenic and mutagenic (changing genetic material) properties. These are on the EU REACH restricted list.
- chlorinated phenols (PCP, TeCP, TriCP) used in the processing of textiles. Contact with PCP (particularly in the form of vapor) can irritate the skin, eyes and mouth. Long-term exposure to low levels can cause damage to the liver, kidneys, blood and nervous system. Exposure to PCP is also associated with carcinogenic, renal and neurological effects.
- formaldehyde which is used to “finish” fabric. Exposure to low levels irritates the eyes, nose, throat and can cause allergies affecting the skin and lungs. Higher exposure can cause throat spasms and build-up of fluid in the lungs, leading to death. Contact can also cause severe eye and skin burns with permanent damage. It is classified as a potential carcinogen.
How to Remove Chemical Odors From New Clothing
Our Recommended Solution…
The EnviroKlenz Laundry Enhancer was designed to safely and effectively remove stubborn laundry odors such as chemicals, fragrances, and musty/mildew smell. Safe clothing can be a huge dilemma for those with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) and ES (Environmental Sensitivities), thus come in the EnviroKlenz Laundry Enhancer! This enhancer will be your secret weapon to expelling strong odor & chemical smells from your fabrics!
- Safe to Use on Cotton, Delicates, Nylon, Polyester, Spandex, Washable Wool, and any Other Fabrics That are Wash Cycle Safe!
- Simple Application, Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup in Your Washing Machine With Unscented Detergent
- Use Warm Water, High Agitation Cycle
- Safely Removes Chemical Odors From Clothing!
We are confident that our EnviroKlenz Technology will drastically reduce the odors in your home, if it doesn’t live up to your expectations, we will issue a full refund within 30 days of your purchase!
Click below to buy NOW!